Saturday, May 17, 2008

the beginning

Even as I sit here staring idiotically onto my computer screen at around two in the morning, wondering what the first post in this precious blog of mine ought to be, a lightning bolt of an idea suddenly strikes me: why not explain to myself and others in my very own blog why I am doing this? (Yeah, don't be surprised, I have NO idea as of why I am doing this blog OR what I'm gonna do with it!)
And so here I am- trying to comfort myself that everything is going to work out fine and that my blog is going to be such a HUGE hit among my friends that they are gonna come get autographs from me- staying awake at such sleepy hours, to make the best out of the mess I've let myself into! ( Frankly, I can't make heads or tails of this damn sentence!! )

the 'pilgrim':
Well, I guess it would only be appropriate if I start with explaining why I have chosen the name 'Pilgrim' for myself. Now, an online dictionary (
http://www.dictionary.com/) gives me the meaning of 'Pilgrim' as:
1.a person who journeys,esp. a long distance, to some sacred place as an act of religious devotion.

2.a traveler or wanderer, esp. in a foreign place.
3.an original settler in a region.
( Is it just me, or did you guys actually notice the contradictory 'meanings' given in 2 & 3?? )
As I am not the religious type who journeys long distances in an effort to proclaim one's devotion, I would like myself to be called a pilgrim in strict adherance to the second meaning. Yeah, I am a traveler who has wandered to strange places and have reached here: these turfs of 'blogs' are foreign to me.

why the 'pilgrimspeak'?:
To be frank, I have NO idea! Maybe it is one of those passing fancies that haunt you until you start chasing them. Maybe its all those stories and fun inside me, waiting to burst out onto the outer world, mingle with the humanity and die in the process. Maybe it is just the fun of revealing all that is within you to the outer world in a brave attempt to find someone who actually connects with your inner spiritual self. (So all women folk out there, if you are listening, here is your golden opportunity!)

about the pilgrimspeak:
One thing I can assure you is that there is not going to be anything in this blog that would make any sense to most of the ordinary people. For rest of the 'extraordinarily gifted' people who might find sense in what is being written in here, there is my nonstop chattering about anything and everything that comes to mind. And of course, there is going to be PLENTY of gossips- without names, but sufficient indications- in here
!!! (primarily about happenings in our college- like, who has been spotted in the pancharakkadu with whom, who has dumped whom, who has been suspended from college for what... the stuff goes on...) In the process, if I hurt anyone, I seek forgiveness in advance (As if I care a damn!!).

***** ******

Having said that much, I may now enter the wonderful world of blogging!

Happy reading guys, have fun!!!

*PS: I plan to include a quote (food for thought!!) by the pilgrim and a joke (expect only 'chalis') by his friend "The lord of Wits" every week. Do give me your opinion about both!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fire away my go-go boi!!!!!!

asquare said...

so u want only to connect females......ur on the lok out eh!then why r we males readin this if u want only them....tsk tsk...me runnin off already:P..good start mate...keep it goin!!

VJ said...

man it will take a lifetime to read the page .... hope u wud start a short story sec(just 4 me).
gr8 work ... go on .
( and i'll call one day 2 get the summary)